It used to be that as a small business owner, unless your product was directly related to something that required you to use your voice – like a radio announcer or a public speaker or sales trainer, you might not have ever really thought about getting voice training or learning more about how to use your voice.
But today, chances are you’re using your voice more and more in your marketing – with the rise of webinars, podcasts and video marketing – and this is set to increase with things like Facebook LIVE taking off – and what this means is that your audience is expecting to hear from you more and more.
In this episode of the Content Sells Podcast, your hosts Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon chat with one of the world’s best voice coaches, Juliet Jordan who has helped actors, politicians, celebrities, CEOs and even international espionage agents to use their voice confidently and effectively.
Plus, included in this episode is a free download – Voice Tips for Brilliant Content Marketing which gives you a handy quick reference guide to use next time you need to use your voice as part of your content creation.
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- Why both Suzi and Michelle have had voice coaching, what they got out of it and why they recommend it
- What you can learn from “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” when it comes to the way you present with your voice
- Why speaking is a like a sport and what you need to do to warm up
- A simple 2-second technique to overcome your nerves when speaking
- What to avoid when speaking while sitting
- The two aspects of speaking you need to get right to be really heard
- 4 things you can vary in your voice and how to use them for maximum impact
- The best way to convey emotion in your voice
- Why you need to bring your full self to each presentation (and how it will show up in your voice)
- The antidote to self-consciousness that is so surprisingly easy
- Why imagining you are talking to one person will revolutionise your voice when presenting
- The first thing you need to do to be more persuasive with your voice
- The brilliant and little-known technique for projecting your voice (that goes against logic!)
- How to prepare for an important presentation
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Juliet Jordan – The Voice Business