It can be easy to get off track, and either create too much content or not the right content – when you don’t have a sound strategy or plan for your content marketing.
In this episode of the Content Sells Podcast, your hosts Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon look at how you can create a content plan that will give you a bird’s eye view of your content across multiple channels and for multiple ideal client avatars.
Plus, included in this episode is a free download – The Can’t-Get-It-Wrong Content Plan – which gives you an easy-to-use template for organising your content marketing strategy.
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- What’s wrong with most content plans
- How to avoid “ad hoc” content
- The first place you need to start when creating your content strategy
- Why you need to be like a music composer when deciding what content to include in your plan
- 4 reasons you must document your content plan
- How to make sure your content is relevant for your ideal clients
- What Suzi learned switching from a LinkedIn Group to a Private Facebook Group for her Premium Members and how this impacted her content plan
- The two levels of your clients’ problems you need to factor into your content strategy
- Why empathy is relevant to your content strategy
- How to organise your content ideas (including the one tool Michelle and Suzi use to structure most of their content)
- How to move into action
- Why you want to think about using “mini-plans” and when
- The 6 timing frameworks that will help you decide the frequency of your content publishing timeline
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Teamwork PM
- Pocket App
- Don Miller, StoryBrand
- Frank Luntz, Words That Work