INSTAGRAM… while we’ve all likely seen the rise of the “Instagram Influencer,” many business owners are still wondering… is it for me? And if so, how do I grow a following and then turn that following into customers?
On today’s show your hosts, Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon talk to someone who has not grown her own following and customer base on Instagram very successfully herself, she’s also taught other women in business to do it as well. Founder of the Mums With Hustle Podcast and Social Media Society, Tracy Harris shares how to grow your audience (and your buyers!) with easy to do Instagram strategies.
EXTRA RESOURCES: Our guest today has kindly offered to provide all our Content Sells listeners with her Instagram Stories Strategy Pack. Go here to get yours: mumswithhustle.com/stories
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- What being crystal clear on your ideal client REALLY sounds like
- The one thing Tracy said about her ideal client that had both Suzi and Michelle asking all listeners to pay SPECIAL attention to
- How to get clear on the PURPOSE of your Instagram account
- The one thing you MUST put in your Instagram Bio (it’s so easy but most people don’t do it and they are missing out!)
- How to connect with your audience through the content you share
- How to decide what aspects of business and personal life are you going to bring into your Instagram feed
- The “3 to 5” content strategy that will make your Instagram content strategy a breeze and give your audience a consistent message they will LOVE
- Why you need to use the ENTIRE Instagram platform (and what that even means!)
- Why you need to “drop the fear” when it comes to sharing your story
- The mental shift you need to make from “Talking to your Followers” to “Person to Person communication”
- How sharing about her Smoothie bowls became a cornerstone of Tracy Harris’ Instagram strategy (and why you need your own “smoothie bowl” equivalent)
- How to invite interactions and start conversations on Instagram, even if you have a small number of followers
- Why Instagram has the village feel FB doesn’t have
- Three things Tracey Harris did consistently to go from starting from scratch to mega success on Instagram
- Why you want to engage more than you post
- How to create a strong “Visual Vibe”
- Why you need to let go of the “hair thing” – how Tracy’s desire to show up daily for her community helped her let go of needing to feel “picture perfect”.
- Why sometimes the posts you almost don’t share are likely the most relatable and the EXACT messages you need to be sharing MORE of
- How to use the questions sticker in IG stories to get more interaction
- The power of learning through play and how to not take your Instagram presence too seriously
- And much more.
Also mentioned in this episode: