In 2011, the publisher of Guy Kawasaki’s New York Times bestseller, Enchantment, could not fill an order for 500 eBook copies of the book. Because of this experience, Guy self-published his next book, What the Plus!, and learned first-hand that self-publishing is a complex, confusing, and idiosyncratic process.
As Steve Jobs said, “There must be a better way.” With Shawn Welch, a tech wizard, Guy wrote APE – Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur – How to Publish a Book, to help people take control of their writing careers by publishing their books.
The thesis of APE is simple but powerful: When a self-publisher successfully fills three roles – author, publisher and entrepreneur – the potential benefits are greater than with traditional publishing. Watch this webinar to learn:
- What the good reasons/bad reasons are for writing a book
- What artisanal publishing is
- The advantages and disadvantages for authors
- What the disadvantages for authors of eBooks is
- Why starting a book is hard, but finishing is harder (and how to keep going)
- Crowd-funding and sponsorship of your first self-published book.
- How to avoid the self-publishing look
- The two roles you should not take on yourself
- Book distribution – how and where
- Tips for compelling book covers
- Pricing – why your goals should determine what you charge
- Guerrilla Marketing – low cost ways to get you book out there!
- Why social media is the TRIFECTA of book marketing
Comments from the audience:
“I enjoyed the hands-on tips on self-publishing!”
“This webinar gave me insight to book publishing from someone who’s done it.”
“I enjoyed the professionalism of this webinar. It gave me the feeling of having a very personal interaction with Guy Kawasaki – not just like reading his book.”
“The entire information was brilliant!”
“It was reassuring how honest Guy was! I love it when people tell it straight, like he just did. Inspiring, honest, wonderful!”
Premium Members watch for free. Learn more about the benefits of Premium Membership.
Buy the Book
- APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur
- Price: $59 (Login for Premium Member Discount)
- Speakers: Guy Kawasaki
- Venue: On-Demand