My Connection Statement
I help emerging and established fashion designers to create their apparel ranges, get started and develop their ideas into real products. I do this by offering all services of a working design room as well as in-person professional training to upskill in the areas of patternmaking, pattern grading and StyleCad software application.
About Me - My Biography
My career in the fashion industry spans over 30 years with expertise in Patternmaking, grading, technical specifications and garment production. I work closely with designers collaborating with them to produce their designs economically without compromising quality and style. I enjoy the challenges of working in this industry and the way that fashion is continually changing and evolving particularly with technology and fabric innovation. My skills are always being tested and improved because fashion is a continual evolution of design and innovation.
In the last 5 years I’ve upgraded my skills and now teach and facilitate nationally recognised fashion industry qualifications online with Open Colleges including updating their fashion courses rewriting course units and even written ebooks for some course units. This has been the most rewarding part of my career so far and I hope to continue to train and teach what I love.
- I have over 30 years experience in the fashion industry. My expertise is in Patternmaking, grading, sizing development, technical specifications, sample production, garment fittings, made to measure and design collaboration. I can help you take your idea and make it into a real product delivering high-quality outcomes ensuring patterns are easy to manufacture.
- Sample and production manufacturing.
- Skilled in StyleCAD and Adobe illustrator software
- Qualified Trainer and Assessor – Professional training to upskill or learn new skills in all areas of patternmaking, grading, technical drawings, and technical specifications.
- Facilitation and training and assessing units of competency for the Diploma and Cert IV in fashion design and merchandising qualifications
- Moderation and validation of units of competency for Diploma and Cert IV in fashion design and merchandising qualifications for RTOs
- I am always learning, so I value and am passionate about self-development.
- the fashion industry and new innovation within the manufacturing of products
- technical innovation in patternmaking
- my health and living a reverse ageing lifestyle.
- Female empowerment – An empowered woman is a gift to the world.
- my family! They teach me to grow and love everyday!
- walking in nature and the beach
- swimming in the ocean
- other peoples perspectives as I believe we can learn and grow with acceptance and an expanded mind.
- travelling to new places
How I Can Help Other Members
I can help members with any apparel questions including design suitability, suitable fabrication, industry resources and contacts, advice on upskilling and starting a fashion clothing label.
Why I Became a HerBusiness Member
To gain skills to be more than just a Freelancer and Self-employed, to learn about business, grow and become a true business owner with a sustainable income! Also, to make new and lasting connections with other businesswomen and to be continually inspired to improve and move forward. I need accountability too.
My Member to Member Offer(s)
I’d like to offer all HerBusiness members 10% off all technical and training services including patternmaking, digital file conversions, pattern grading, StyleCAD and Illustrator training. (This is 10% of the first invoice only.)