- Founder and Principal
My Connection Statement
I run Xpressive Consultancy. We help health professionals and consultants through to the education industry engage diverse audiences.
We do this in two ways:
- We deliver clear effective messaging and copy. This helps our service/education providers stand apart from the rest.
- We are passionate about implementing systems to automate business functions. This increases efficiency for our service providers.
Find out more about these Specialist Services
Read about how I’m a Web Content Specialist with Edified – Education Industry Experts
About Me - My Biography
I met my Australian husband whilst working in Publishing (five years) in London in 2000. In 2003 we made the move away from England, where I was born – Wimbledon, to Sydney, where I embarked upon a great career in the higher education sector (spanning more than 15 years). Whilst living in Melbourne (2009 to 2017) and then moving to Albury on the NSW/VIC border I remained in the higher education sector before establishing Xpressive Consultancy here in Albury in 2020.
My vast experience resides within several dynamic and integral roles, including:
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Web Content Management
- Media Liaison and
I have worked with geographically dispersed stakeholders and agencies across multiple areas including Customer Experience, Marketing, IT and Corporate Services.
I pride myself upon:
- Developing long-standing relationships with clients, stakeholders and networks both virtually and face-to-face.
- Adapting well to changing demands.
- Having excellent communication and networking skills with a positive and constructive approach to team work.
- Proven ability to prioritise and problem solve, completing projects within the agreed time-line and with strong attention to detail.
EXAMPLES OF KEY PROJECTS PRIOR TO FORMING XPRESSIVE CONSULTANCY:
Charles Sturt University:
Responsible for the ongoing management and delivery of the:
- Net Promoter Score (a Pilot released to approximately 8,000 students) and five waves successfully delivered, released to 26,000 current students.
- Student-Centred Culture Customer Service Training Program roll-out to approximately 600 staff in the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students’) portfolio.
Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Responsible for the coordination of a project changing the process for how staff at ACU lodge requests with Service Desk. This was implemented in a very short time-frame and required significant liaison with senior staff across Corporate Services. The results saw an immediate reduction in the number of calls going through to IT, successfully reducing their work load.
- Key player in the roll-out of Office 365 email to over 2,000 staff at ACU. Involved in all aspects of the initiation, planning, control and execution of this project. Primarily responsible for the delivery of all strategic communications to the business, including the production of step-by-step user guides.
- Project lead for imbedding SharePoint and developing governance for this into the every-day working practices of staff at ACU.
- Presenting workshops to ACU’s web content editors on writing for the web, to groups of up to 15, across the campuses.
I have two children, Archie who is 9 years old and Lily who is 6 years old. When Archie was 18 months old he was diagnosed with a rare genetic condition – Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA Type 2). This means Archie’s muscles are significantly affected, he is unable to walk and uses a motorised wheelchair but his brain is unaffected.
Whilst Archie’s journey is challenging, this is what shapes me, in addition to my professional and social background. This also means that I have gained first-hand experience dealing with the NDIS. This is now a space I’m moving into with my business. I am both excited and passionate about helping health professionals and consultants as they navigate the complexities of the NDIS.
How I Can Help Other Members
Feel free to get in touch if you or any businesses you are connected to are interested in any of the following services to help you grow:
- Research so as to select and implement new systems, plus set-up and maintenance, to increase business efficiency.
- Online or face-to-face Workshop and Webinar support etc.
- Customer-focused marketing strategies, including key messaging.
- Creating brand awareness – seeking media opportunities, writing media releases, newsletters and copywriting.
- A targeted approach to liaising with the media outlets to gain and increase coverage.
My Member to Member Offer(s)
I offer a 45-minute complimentary call for you to discuss your business needs.