You’re heading off on vacation.
You’re cramming to get things done before you go.
For good measure, you check out the wifi speed in your hotel room, and you pack your laptop.
Just. In. Case.
But should you ‘unplug’ while you’re away?
Or does it make more sense to fit some work in during your vacation?
Many business owners say it’s difficult to detach from work when they’re supposed to be relaxing, and that’s true for me.
Even in Vacation Mode, I cannot help but develop marketing strategies and brainstorm new ideas while lying on the beach or running in a new city.
I personally rarely unplug totally.
But I also no longer get down on myself for not being totally unplugged.
Whether I have the iPad ad the beach under an umbrella, or I pull up my computer poolside to write some copy… I don’t beat myself up.
I know it’s part of my process and that I create some of my best content and do my best planning when I mix up rest and relaxation with some brainstorming and work.
We had a vibrant conversation on our Facebook Page and across all our social networks when I recently shared my thoughts about unplugging with our HerBusiness community.
In this episode, I share some of our member strategies and my top six tips for balancing being away with staying on track with your business plans and goals.
Listen to Hear:
- What to do if you can’t totally ‘unplug’ without getting behind on projects
- The parameters that I set myself to reward myself and manage a balance between work and play while I’m away
- How I pre-plan my vacation, so there is little for me to do while I’m travelling.
- Why taking time to unwind will take the pressure off from the get-go.
- The ‘unplugging’ hack that enriches your vacation experience and gives you a much-needed break
- How to communicate that you’ll be away, so you don’t return to a crazy-full email inbox.
- The only ‘should’ that matters as you manage your vacation/work balance.
I’m so grateful to have the opportunity to step away from my business every once in a while to get that headspace that allows me to dream bigger and think differently.
I’d love you to join me to give yourself the time and space to dream, envision, plan, reset and REACH into a bigger, more fulfilling, more aligned and authentic future filled with all the possibilities of your heart’s desire.
You can let more at TheREACHRetreat.com