2017 Hall of Fame Inductee
- Managing Director
About Me - My Biography
Marie is an experienced horticulturist. She has extensive contacts in both Australia and internationally, and has consulted with horticultural and food industries in Australia, New Zealand and Asia. She is the Managing Director at Manbulloo, which is known for producing and exporting high-quality Kensington Pride, R2E2 and Keitt mangoes to numerous countries. She was awarded the Telstra Queensland Business Women’s Award in 2015. Manbulloo was awarded the Hong Kong Australia Judges Recognition Business award in 2014 and the Coles Supplier of the Year award in 2015.
In 2005, Marie made the strategic decision to purchase three neglected mango plantations. The lots were run down but huge and brimming with potential – potential that Marie was determined to unlock. Through hard work and time, Marie rejuvenated the plantations, modernised harvesting practices and innovated the packing houses. With efficient, high-quality operations and a reinvented marketing campaign, Manbulloo is known across Australia for its delicious, high-quality mangoes.
The company is currently partnered with Coles, a close alliance built on shared objectives, respect and communication.
Manbulloo was originally the name of the NT mango plantation. Marie believed it was vital to reinvent this well-known brand; and even though many industry players told her it was impossible, Manbulloo today is known as a leading high-quality brand.
Strategies for Success
- Working collaboratively with like-minded businesses is just so important. Open relationships based on shared strategies and good values = an amazing journey and a massive competitive advantage.
- Build, challenge, nurture and reward a great team.
- Take risks, be an innovator and always consider growth to be part of your strategy. However, it is so important to make sure that the risks are well-calculated and not reckless, and that the innovation and growth are carefully planned and measured.
- Share the vision and create a culture of passion, respect and balance. Only be in the business because you love it.
- Dream it, make the dream real, and then make it happen (the vision, the strategic plan, and the execution). And remember that while all this is going on, be resilient and rest sometimes.