Today we’re going to share some of the books we’ve read recently that have really made an impact on us… some of these we’ve shared with the HerBusiness community and many we’ve shared with our elite Marketing Mastermind group and they’ve told us how much they loved them and how much they’ve helped them with their businesses and their content marketing — so we wanted to share these with you…
Of course, if we were to share ALL our favourite books of ALL time this would be a 20-hour episode! So we’re covering some of the books we’ve been getting into RECENTLY…and you’ll notice a bit of a theme around how you can stay focused and get results — which is really relevant when it comes to content marketing — so while they are not content marketing books specifically, they will definitely help you be a better content marketer!
Disappointed you won’t be hearing about ALL of our favourite books? No need to despair! We’ve put together this super dooper Content Sells Recommended Reading List, which contains a comprehensive list of Suzi and Michelle’s favourite content marketing, business and personal development books.
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- What success stories from West Point Military Academy and the National Spelling Bee can tell you about succeeding in Content Marketing
- Why Passion is not enough and what else you need to team with it to really get the results you are after
- Why you want to mimic the “goal structure” of Olympic athletes like Michael Phelps
- The three types of focus you can use to avoid overwhelm
- How you can do more “Deep Work” that has meaning (and how to create the time to do it!)
- Why sometimes you want to act like a “monk” to get your content marketing done
- The easy 3-step process for maintaining control of any conversation
- How to get to a YES in any conversation
- One simple thing you can do next time you are explaining the benefits of your product that will dramatically increase the impact and interest-level of what you’re saying