Are you fine with giving away free content but when it comes to asking for the sale “the resistance” comes up? Your palms get clammy. Your heart beats faster and you feel a growing reluctance as the moment you will have to ask for the sale approaches If so, you’re not alone. The “Resistance” is a BIG deal and it’s impacting a LOT of people.
In today’s episode, your hosts, Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon ask the question, “how can you deal with the “Resistance” so you can feel great about asking for the sale AND about showing up more fully in your business and your content?”
Included in this episode is a BONUS Download – The Overcoming The Resistance Toolbox, which is a summary of several of the tactics shared in this episode. You can keep this as a reminder – if you feel The Resistance come up – you can take a look in your toolbox and quickly choose an approach to help you overcome it.
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- What American novelist, Steven Pressfield calls “resistance” and the reason why he believes it’s one mission is to “keep things as they are”
- What Seth Godin and the “Lizard Brain” have to do with the “Resistance”
- The ways the “Resistance” can show up in stealth mode in your life, your business and your content
- Is that voice of the inner critic we all have also the“Resistance”?
- How to deal with Imposter Syndrome
- Why “rationalising” could be a sign of the “Resistance”
- What to do when procrastination shows up
- How to feel good about “being seen”
- How to know if you’re under-pricing to avoid conflict and asserting your value
- How to get the “Resistance” back in its box so you can feel great about making the sale and charge what you’re worth
Also mentioned in this episode:
- HerBusiness REACH Retreat in Hawaii
- Steve Pressfield – Turning Pro
- Steven Pressfield – Do The Work
- Steven Pressfield – The War of Art
- Seth Godin
- Best friends get brutally honest about their bodies
- The 6 things we resist most in life – Oprah
- Dollar Shave Club
- Video marketing statistics