Having great content for your business is important to help you promote your brand, communicate a message and engage your target audience. Engaging your target audience with content is a great way to build a relationship with them, gain valuable feedback and encourage them to become loyal customers. Great content is critical in your PR strategy and social media strategy and may involve things such as text, articles, videos and images.
Here are some ways to help you find or create great content.
- What do your target audience want? When creating content for your business think about what your target audience is interested in and what they would want to talk about. This will help you create content which is relevant to your target audience to help you engage with them.It’s also a good idea to gather customer feedback and questions to help you create relevant content. For example, you can create content which answers their questions or responds to their feedback. You can then use this content on your website, social media channels and eNewsletter.
- Use images Visual content is an effective method to communicate a message in an engaging way. For example, research by Social Bakers found 93 per cent of the most engaging posts on Facebook were photos.It’s true when they say a picture paints a thousand words. People can quickly interpret an image and may receive a message faster by looking at an image then reading a block of text. For example, on social media post pictures with text, add images to your eNewsletter, add images to your website and have an image handy when pitching a story to a journalist. You can take your own photos or purchase stock photos from websites such as Shutterstock. You can also use infographics to display information in a visual way.
- Curate content You don’t always have to create your own content. Sharing other people’s content is a great way to start conversations, get involved in a community and build relationships with others. You can find great content by searching on the internet and looking at websites or publications in your industry. If you do share content, which is not your own, make sure you attribute it correctly or you could be in breach of copyright legislation.
- Find stories within your business Every business has a story to tell, it’s just a matter of finding and communicating them to your target audience. You can find the stories within your business by asking yourself a few questions such as what is new in the business, what are current trends in the industry, what are our achievements, how was the business established and more.
- Hold a brainstorm session Brainstorming is a great technique to help you develop fresh new ideas. You can hold a brainstorm session with your team to help develop new ideas for content. Ask your team to come to the brainstorm with a few ideas already so you can discuss and expand on them.
- Use a content calendar When creating content for your business it’s a good idea to build a content calendar. This calendar can help you plan out your content and ensure you don’t keep reusing the same ideas or topics. You can create a calendar to help you plan out the articles you will write and where you will use them. You can also create a calendar to plan what you will post on social media and when.
Start creating content for your business now because the more content you have the more opportunities you will have to communicate with your target audience.