Amanda Fisher is an expert at making numbers simple. She’s aware of the complexities and fears around numbers and knows how to give people comfort. She wants her clients to understand numbers to be able to make better decisions.
The Numbers Matter started when Amanda identified a common problem with business owners – they don’t understand their numbers. She started the company to help educate business owners on understanding the many financial elements that tie in with owning a business.
Amanda’s ideal business is one where she has a large number of clients so she is able to help as many people as possible. Her goal is to help more business owners and work with people one-on-one.
Three Pieces of Advice Amanda Wishes She Had When She Started
- Put time and effort in to learning management skills – it’s crucial to know how to be a leader in your business and for the purpose of eventually hiring people to help you with your business.
- Keep your eye on your numbers all the time – this helps you stay on track.
- Have fun with it – don’t get too serious because your business should be something you love.
On running her own business, this is what Amanda has to say:
“I love the ability to change direction quickly and that I feel as if I’m filling a need in the market. I sold my accounting practice because I didn’t have time to develop programs that can make a difference for others. Now I have time to do what I really want, which is interacting with clients and creating things that can help them.”
Amanda’s Advice for Other Members to Help Their Business
- When it comes to marketing, switch it up often
- Stay accountable – your business is your responsibility
- Do what you do well and get other people to do the other bits – you have to do everything at first, but focus on your area of expertise when it’s feasible
Amanda’s ideal client is a business owner who is beyond the start-up phase and has reached a point where they need to be more financially responsible to keep their business sustainable.
Here’s what Amanda said when we asked what problem has been solved from being a Premium Member of HerBusiness:
“Premium Membership of HerBusiness provides a network of likeminded entrepreneurs and business owners so that business life is not so lonely. If I have a question, I know that the community via the Facebook group is there to provide answers, suggestions, recommendations and support.”
Amanda’s thoughts on her favourite entrepreneurs…
“I don’t have just one. But the first is Andrew Griffiths, Australia’s #1 small business author. The second is Brendon Burchard, the world’s leading high performance coach. Both are leaders who have built communities of followers who believe in who they are and what they stand for me. I aspire to be like them.“
This post was authored by Allison Mullin. Allison is completing a journalism internship with HerBusiness. She studies editing, writing, and media at Florida State University in the United States.